- Get Ready to See This Globalization ‘Elephant Chart’ Over and Over Again The biggest losers of globalization were those between the 75th and 90th percentiles of the global income distribution whose real income gains were essentially nil.
- Students should read and understand textbooks. Authors need to write books students can read and understand. That means 10 pages a week, or 140 pages for a semester long class. ….If your textbook costs more than $50, don’t buy it. If it has more than 500 pages, don’t read it.
- Lithium-Ion Battery Inventor Introduces New Technology for Fast-Charging, Noncombustible Batteries ….has developed the first all-solid-state battery cells that could lead to safer, faster-charging, longer-lasting rechargeable batteries for handheld mobile devices, electric cars and stationary energy storage
- Open Books by O’reilly Publishing We’re happy to have partnered with two innovative nonprofits, Creative Commons and the Internet Archive, to solve the licensing and digitizing challenges involved in bringing Open Books to readers.
- Effective Engineering Productivity The correct solution is very similar to Users Have Problems, Developers Have Solutions, but it has a few extra pieces.