- The Line Of Death In web browsers, the browser itself usually fully controls the top of the window, while pixels under the top are under control of the site. I’ve recently heard this called the line of death.
- Phone numbers are no proper verification stop using phone numbers as authentication. They are not secure, people don’t own them, they cant be easily replaced
- Cartography comparison: Google Maps & Apple Maps Both maps also prioritize different kinds of places: Google Maps heavily prioritizes transit, while Apple prioritizes landmarks.
- If you don’t finish then you’re just busy, not productive If you’re always starting interesting projects and not finishing, then no matter how hard you work, you’re just busy, not productive.
- Stop Paying Executives for Performance contingent pay only works for routine tasks; for creative tasks, a results focus is ineffective at best, and can in some circumstances actually impede performance
- The Risk of Discovery because biographies of famous scientists tend to edit out their mistakes, we underestimate the degree of risk they were willing to take.
- What’s a fire, and why does it – what’s the word – burn? Fire is a sustained chain reaction involving combustion
- Explorers find disease-cursed City of the Monkey God and nearly lose their faces to flesh-eating parasite “The parasite migrates to the mucous membranes of your mouth and your nose and basically eats them away,”