- The Six Dumbest Ideas in Computer Security Where do anti-good ideas come from? They come from misguided attempts to do the impossible – which is another way of saying “trying to ignore reality.”
- The Router rumble: Ars DIY build faces better tests, tougher competition The Ars home-brew router special has been coaxed out of retirement to test its speeds against an entirely new lineup of gear. This time, we’re even offering power consumption figures as well.
- Why Banks Are BASE Not ACID – Availability Is Revenue BASE (Basically Available, Soft State, Eventually Consistent), ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability). Availability correlates with revenue and consistency generally does not.
- How I Rewired My Brain to Become Fluent in Math The building blocks of understanding are memorization and repetition.The problem with focusing relentlessly on understanding is that math and science students can often grasp essentials of an important idea, but this understanding can quickly slip away without consolidation through practice and repetition…. practiced use to truly internalize concepts.
- Self-Publish, don’t write for a Publisher the tools and technology are to a point where there is little redeeming value to writing for a publisher. The hardest part of writing a book is… writing the book. And a publisher can’t do much to help with that.